Fully Remote. Work Anywhere on Earth.
Your job will start with training on how to rank a website using proprietary SEO strategies. All training is done online and through on-screen videos.
Your main role will be to research, find, and secure backlinks from websites across the internet for our myriad of clientele.
Our SEO Internship is for ONE individual who can prove that they are detail oriented and highly self-disciplined. The nature of working remotely requires discipline and motivation.
The internship will be an internal position and will not be client-facing.
As a team member of Segalo Media, you will be required to communicate with the team through Slack and learn to use Wordpress, Dropbox, Trello, Evernote, Google Docs/Sheets, and more. Prior experience is a plus.
At the end of each week, you'll be required to submit a work report detailing what was worked on when. Good note taking throughout the week will be necessary.
Any position with Segalo Media comes with a lot of freedom to work when and where you want. But you will be held to a certain standard of results, so if you plan to apply, be sure you can admittedly say that you're a self-disciplined individual.
By the end of the internship, you will understand how to rank a domain on all search engines.
Experience Wanted But Not Required:
An understanding of:
- National and local SEO
- Keyword data and research
- SEO tools (ex: SEMRush, Majestic...)
- Strategic thinking for how to conquer a competitive market
- How SEO relates to web content, keyword density, silo pages, and more...
- Writing title tags, meta descriptions, and keywords for individual website pages.
- Proven back linking strategy
- Google my business, google map pack, anchor text
- How to read Google analytics
- Understands difference between follow vs. nofollow
- (optional) Google Adwords
You will be paid per hour as a 1099 contractor with bonuses available based on performance results. The better you perform, the more you make.
Position will start out as a part time (10-15 hours per week) as we learn to work together, and may turn into full time later on.
When Does It Start:
The internship will start in the Spring of 2019.