Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It isn’t as simple as it seems.
Many companies in our space throw this "SEO" word around so loosely that we believe it's totally lost its meaning. So let's define it.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a term we use to help get your website ranking with the major search engines. We do this so when a potential user is trying to find a service or product you offer, your website will be one of the top results. Example: A person in Lees Summit, Missouri might search for our company and type something like "SEO company in Lees Summit."
Essentially, SEO is the strategy used to get your website seen in search results. The higher you show, the more clicks you'll get. And the more clicks you get, the more leads you should get!
Okay, whew, that wasn't so bad was it? Now, let's tell you how we do it.
See how powerful your domain is.
See how well your domain ranks up against your competitors. We'll then come up with the strategy we'd use to get you ranking at the top of search engine results. You don't even have to use us if you don't want. It's all a FREE service to you.
Warning: We’re go into hyper-NERD mode.
If you’ve made it this far and want to read this section, you must have an inner nerd within you. In that case, we want to formally welcome you to the nerd club.
First, let’s explain how search engines rank your website.
Every internet domain has a certain level of “authority” within a search engine’s algorithm for each given set of keywords and phrases. Those with the highest authority ranking are given the first spots on the search results.
So let’s go back to our example. If you were searching for us and you typed in “SEO company near me,” let’s say we come up at number 4 in the results (ranking for this keyword phrase is hard because of all of the other SEO companies trying to rank! Geez, so get off our back for not being number #1. It’s just a measly example anyway).
Okay, so with that being said, the goal for SEO is to show up as high as possible for the key terms that your customers would typically be typing in.
We’re arriving at step number one, which is to correctly identify all of the keywords and phrases your customers will type into a search engine to find you. Don’t worry, we do this research for you.
Let’s go ahead and cover the next few steps we take in getting your domain to rank:
- Discovery – Research your industry’s keywords and key players.
- Figure out a local or national SEO strategy based on findings in the discovery phase.
- Make a list of all keywords, key phrases – including long-tail keywords, phrases, and commonly searched terms related to your line of business.
- We will make sure these keywords and phrases are put into the copy of your website. Typically, we find it easier when we can build a website for you through an SEO lens, so it’s built in such a way to contain the necessary content.
- Write title tags, meta descriptions, and focus keywords for each page of your website. Search engines use these 3 pieces to rank websites across the internet according to the user’s search term relative to the website’s title tags and meta descriptions.
- Still reading? You really are a nerd aren’t you?
- Now we move into the technical stuff of growing the domain authority. One of the main ways we do this is through getting other websites across the internet to link back to your domain. Websites with stronger domain authority who link to you will provide a stronger hyperlink, naturally. So we focus on getting you powerful links to power the authority of your domain.
- Over time, with much effort on our part, your domain authority will increase and the search rankings of your keywords will begin to rise organically.
Expectations are the key to happiness
So what should you expect out of us? Will you be at the top of google next month? No. Not at all.
If a company ever promises you that they'll put you at the top of google overnight, run for the hills. Because they are either doing something illegal or just trying to take your money.
A healthier expectation would be to tell you this is a long game investment. If done right, SEO can be an incredible lead generator for your business.
We can't tell you exactly how long it will take because it's entirely dependent on your current domain authority, your competition, and the current search engine algorithm.
The good news is, after a quick search, we can give you a fairly accurate estimate for the time frame it would take to rank your domain.